UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Main Discussion Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my ignorance but who is the Thing looking character with the conehead?

Alien race known as the Kronans, also known as the Stone Men from Saturn. They tried to invade Earth in the first Thor story, and were driven away. They'll be your army builder for Wave 42, and a nice nod to old-time comic fans.

Recently, a member of their race - Korg - was part of the Planet Hulk story and a member of Hulk's Warbound group.

Thanks! Now that you mention the Planet Hulk I remember those guys from the animated movie!

I thought at first a bit to much Thor but the more I look at them the more I like them. Zola is the out and out winner for me though.

Each and every Thor is a keeper. My only complaint, with all these Thors, no Frog Thor. Zola and Crossbones are both much needed additions. That civil war Cap, is the helmet accurate? I don't remember him wearing that helmet then. Or was that just a mistake?

So can anyone lay out at this point the lineup for wave 42 and TRU wave 12?

I will get this right yet. I promise.

TRU Wave 12:

WWII Captain America & Arnim Zola

Armored Thor & Beta Ray Bill

Secret War Captain America & Crossbones (TRU exclusive)

Kirby Thor & Balder the Brave (TRU exclusive)

Wave 42:

WWII Captain America & Arnim Zola

Armored Thor & Beta Ray Bill

Eric Masterson Thor & Stone Man (army-builder)

Thunderstrike & Stone Man (army-builder)

Edited by boyd

anyone else gonna comment on that AWESOME holgram master chief is holding?? :D

i cant wait for the next next halo series! :P

So we can have a Cortana within a Cortana?? Cortception??

Glad to see Halo is still chugging along, i was getting worried. Wave 42 looks okay, but Secret Wars Cap and the 90s Thors are my biggest wants. Really hoping we see more Marvel soon; i get DST's new stance on doing less at cons since Marvel is well-along by now, but we really need to see more than a wave IMO.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Wait... how is that Civil War Cap?????

Good point - I just copied & pasted the list from the TRU Wave 12 thread. Now that we've seen it, It should be Secret War Cap - gonna go make the edit.

Secret Wars Cap looks like this:

post-66-0-31743000-1311270512_thumb.jpg

Edited by boyd

ok the one in the jacket is what steve wears while on his bike, not sure why its called civil war cap

the black and red one is from the Secret War mini series back in 06

oooh and i hope those new Monster figures (invisible man, phantom of the opera, alien thingy and what looks like it could be igor) get made into minimates :D

Edited by undeadpool

The Cap in leather jacket and helmet is World War 2 Cap, not another Secret War Cap. Had to go look it up on Diamond's Facebook page to make sure.

I will get the list right, I swear.

Also from Diamond's Facebook page - someone asked if they would be showing more than they revealed at Preview Night. Their response:

Yes. We'll show new stuff at the panel on Saturday but it won't make it onto the floor afterwards.

Edited by boyd

Anyone else notice that Diamond was showing off wave 3 of their Universal Monster action figures? They're making the Phantom of the Opera, Invisible Man & Metaluna Mutant. I would love it if those characters also became Minimates.

TM2 we have never gotten a thunderstrike minimate, and the bearded thor was maybe 3 or 4 years ago and is in desperate need of an update to look presentable next to the disney set thor

ok the one in the jacket is what steve wears while on his bike, not sure why its called civil war cap

the black and red one is from the Secret War mini series back in 06

Thanks for clearing that up. Shame we're getting another irrelevant variant when we could have gotten Modern Super Soldier Steve or something.