UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Main Discussion Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts of the new stuff:

- Morg? Really? I'm assuming this means we're getting Firelord and/or Air-Walker in a future 2-pack.

- Galactus looks nice, all smooshed and shrunk down. And his Surfer accessory is nice, too - possible base for Minimate Academy Awards.

- Love the face we're getting Stone Men for the army-builder. Great re-use of the new Thing body, but it also means no army-builder is too obscure to be done.

- Arnim Zola is nice, too. Would have liked him a little more blocky, and the face a lot more like Kirby drew it.

- A little disappointed that we're getting a lot of Thors in the Wave 42, but no other Thor characters. I know that Thor doesn't have the greatest villains in the world, but an Enchantress or Executioner would have mixed things up better than four different Thors.

- That being said, I'm still happy to get Thunderstrike. Cause I can take him off my customs "to-do" list.

- And I like that Chuck emphasized that the giveaways were not unique this year - hopefully that will help some completists relax about missing something. :)

Thanks for the report, Storm! Have fun!

Tempting. . .but not that tempting. I can't pull the trigger on paying $26 or whatever essentially for that Stealth Iron Man. Be nice if their free shipping offer didn't require you to spend so damn much. From Amazon.com much could TRU learn.

so who's the orange, Thing-like monster with the guns?

If I'm not mistaken, I think he's suppose to be one of those rockmen aliens seen on this cover of Journey into Mystery.

jim083.jpg

The head shape is right, but they don't look orange to me.

I've never read the original comic, but if nothing else it's been retconned that they were orange. One was part of Hulk's "Warbound" during Planet Hulk/World War Hulk.

So I was the only one to say hi to Chuck from the MMMV since he asked where was everyone. I told him about some of the "senior" members thinking about coming here next year for the 10th anniversary of minimates. Chuck apparently forgot it was going to be 10 years soon.

Good night, has it really been that long? Wow.

And I believe we were talking about C2E2 next year, not SDCC.

The rock men are Kronans. In the original comic they were a brown/grey/orangish color (and also naked). Korg was the Kronan in Hulk's Warbound group during Planet Hulk and hopefully he'll eventually show up as a figure (maybe with a Planet Hulk figure). I was thinking about this this morning and thought that would be a good part to an all-Hulk wave. There's enough good Hulk characters out there to do it too.

A big thanks to Storm for being our "Jonny on the spot" and getting all the scoop.

I must admit at being underwhelmed by the minimates on display this year.

T.

Dinobot, The Next year converation is over in the food trucks thread.

In years past, haven't they added more minimates to their display on Friday or Saturday? I seem to remember that everything is usually not revealed the first day.

The two times I was there all week they had everything in the case from preview night on, but I am hoping that is not the case this time because that really isn't a lot of stuff revealed!

I can't believe the scalper prices on eBay right now ...

$38 for the Alice mate?!?!? PLUS shipping. grrrrr ...

SO: Is anyone at SDCC that can pick me up the Alice mate? :)

Same here. If anyone could snag me one that would be awesome!

Yeah, that Iron Monger is my "best of show" so far. I would love to see an IM2 Armored Whiplash from Hot Toys.

Although I think this is cool, someone needs to make one of these for Minimates:

MU.jpg

I love that whoever put this scene together is a big enough Marvel fan to have Power Man & Iron Fist fighting Sabertooth! Nice job, whoever you are! :thumbsup:

Any guesses how long until DST re-purposes that Ryu piece for Shang-Chi?

comiccon3.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but who is the Thing looking character with the conehead?

Alien race known as the Kronans, also known as the Stone Men from Saturn. They tried to invade Earth in the first Thor story, and were driven away. They'll be your army builder for Wave 42, and a nice nod to old-time comic fans.

Recently, a member of their race - Korg - was part of the Planet Hulk story and a member of Hulk's Warbound group.

Where's Mirymate to explain this? :)

On Crossbones: Honestly, I don't like how he looks. The reuse chest piece looks odd, and the face is just...off. I prefer my QC with Luke's superior decal on the WO Black Ops Sabertooth

Is that a re-use chest piece? Where's it from?

And I'm hoping that Crossbones may have his old-school shirt on underneath the chest piece.