UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Main Discussion Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those shirts are awesome. Are they selling them or giving them away?

Is anyone at the San Diego Comic-Con? Tomorrow we're hosting a panel called: "Finally! Nickelodeon: The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra: Exclusive First Look" and it's going to be awesome!

Sounds awesome!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

FYI. The danger of the Alice Minimates being sold out is over. It was officially sold out this Friday afternoon. No one thought it would sell out, including me and Chuck. 2nd sellout of a minimate during SDCC. 1st was the Glow-In-The-Dark Stay Puft.

DST Fun Fact:

Chuck used to write the bios on the back of the boxes. Zach is now starting to handle the writing duties and they will appear in future boxes.

FYI. The danger of the Alice Minimates being sold out is over. It was officially sold out this Friday afternoon. No one thought it would sell out, including me and Chuck. 2nd sellout of a minimate during SDCC. 1st was the Glow-In-The-Dark Stay Puft.

Well crap. Looks like I'll need to stalk eBay...:confused:

DST answered my question on their FB page about the range of motion of Storms arms being restricted by her cape. They said that her cape is a 2 piece set and will not affect her arms' range of motion.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Wow there's not even one in hand Future Foundation set on ebay. I don't think there will be anymore SDCC exclusives that aren't actually at the SDCC after this year.

Yeah, people at Comic-Con don't tend to go out far unless tempted by free swag. Nintendo Lounge next door would be swamped in the convention center. But off site, you can actually demo the games and get free swag easily by playing the demos.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10004&view=findpost&p=194910

Thoughts:

That Dawn statue is very shiny. I love that.

I don't know who the MvC character is, but that hair looks like it could be modified into Lara Croft.

I love the transparent Jet.

I hope Cortana isn't an exclusive or pack in or something.

Is that a 3 3/4" Knight Rider? Has DST finally broken into the 3.75" market?

That's awesome!

Yes, that's a 3 3/4" Knight Rider. Hopefully it translates into more 80's vehicle properties with figures (Dukes of Hazard, A-Team).

And if someone gets a chance to talk to Chuck, could you ask him if they'd ever consider a blank, unarticulated Minimate bank (maybe 6 to 8 inches tall). It could have the Minimates logo on it for display but be a good way to customize larger scale figures. I've asked a couple times in teh Q&A but my question hasn't gotten an answer.

And if someone gets a chance to talk to Chuck, could you ask him if they'd ever consider a blank, unarticulated Minimate bank (maybe 6 to 8 inches tall). It could have the Minimates logo on it for display but be a good way to customize larger scale figures. I've asked a couple times in teh Q&A but my question hasn't gotten an answer.

I have also asked this twice. It seems odd that he wouldn't answer it.