UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Main Discussion Thread

Ok so im hoping

arnim/cap

crossbones/cap

thor/stone men

is NOT the line up for wave 42 because that would be kinda sad :/

other then that these are all awesome, zola looks perfect, though i hope they make the face look more crazy, civil war cap looks awesome and will be perfect for a cool avengers set up. I cant wait to see more of that secret wars cap and that crossbones :D

thor looks great and has an awesome cape, but its just a redo of the old bearded thor :(

the stone man looks awesome and will be a lot of fun :D

storm is incredible! and perfect since a classic storm is one of my major needs :D

the galactus set is kinda disappointing :( i was hoping to see air walker and fire lord in that set...oh well terrax looks awesome

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I officially call bullshit on the Heralds of Galactus poll. There is NO way Morg made the top four ;)

As i stated elsewhere - i'm pretty sure the poll is designed to decide which characters should be put into the Box Set by figuring out who will be the least likely to sell in a 2-pack. Galactus, Nova & Terrax are all popular enough to carry the 'dead-weight' of Morg.

Whatever the reasoning, i'm pretty happy that we ARE getting Morg :)

i really hope we see a TRU two pack of firelord and air walker, since both looked awesome and are great characters :)

I'd buy that :)

Good system BTW guys. I've wanted this for the last few cons.

Yeah, and it didn't even last an evening before comments started getting posted in teh pics thread. :rolleyes:

I love the stone guy with Thor, but it just makes me think of a wave 37 Thing that got pulled out of the mold too soon. Maybe we'll see a Korg from Planet Hulk at some point.

so now that lego is doing DC and Marvel lego sets

what happens to minimates?

Um, nothing? Just because they're doing them doesn't mean they're better, just that they'll get way more exposure. I think Marvel Minimates have marked their territory enough with fans to keep their hold on the specialty Marvel block figure market for awhile.

Yeah, and it didn't even last an evening before comments started getting posted in teh pics thread. :rolleyes:

Sorry - My Bad :sweat:

I love the stone guy with Thor, but it just makes me think of a wave 37 Thing that got pulled out of the mold too soon.

agreed. Maybe he needs to be a different rock colour?

I'm torn. I really like that Stone Man from Journey into Mystery #83... but annoyed that they can do the one-head mold for him but not for the most recent Thing, which was originally advertised as that way.

Ah well.

Hope you see Firelord and Air Walker sooner rather than later.

Wow. Those look really terrible. I especially expected more from Nova. I guess EMH spoiled me. Arim Zola just doesn't look right now.

I'm pretty sure they'll do her (or at least her hair) in a translucent plastic for the final product which will look pretty cool!

Galactus looks cool, Terrax looks cool, even freakin Morg looks good, but I do NOT like how big Nova's head is. It's really strange having Nova have as big a head as Galactus who is basically the big headed guy of the Marvel U other than the Leader.

I do have to say I like the new Bearded Thor and if they make Zola look less calm he'll be a great little figure.

Chuck wasn't 100% sure but Thunderstrike seems to be variant.

Stonemen are army builder, of course.

I forgot which exact figures were the TRU wave and the comic wave, but if you see a pic of the entire display. The 4 on the left are TRU exclusive. 3 on right are specialty. the 4 in the middle are shared between the two.

The TRU exclusive stuff are a fluke. The DST warehouse fulfills orders for TRU too. So when DST saw the TRU stuff on order in the warehouse, they ordered it since it isn't going anywhere else. Sometimes it's a phantom item that really isn't there. Other times it may be a case of more made then expected. Or it could be "what the hell did we sent to TRU instead?" So be on the lookout in the future at conventions. At 8:05PM when I got to the DST booth. Only one Cannonball/Shatterstar left on the pegs. I almost bought it...

The big "dope" prize Zack twittered apparently is a donation from Chuck. His beer money to be exact. And it will be big and heavy and is going to be a pain to carry around all day. Chuck and Zack didn't say any more regards to that other than go to the panel. Everyone at the panel will get a ticket and winner will be announced at end of panel, I think.

And if you do not like any Marvel line ups, you can blame Chuck as he, along with Robert's input, make the Marvel lineups. If you don't like TRU carrying minimates, you can blame Chuck for driving a couple of hours on his own to pitch Minimates to them. (Chuck was doing a "blame me, blame me" in a jokingly manner in the middle of our fun conversation and I wanted to mention that as it won't translate well to text.) Without TRU, Minimates would be totally different. And Marvel would be 4 waves a year at specialty only (with 2 waves at a time).

Thor and Cap don't seem to be selling well and Chuck acknowledges it. Thor movie did well but apparently didn't translate to sales. Movie waves are ordered slightly higher than regular Marvel waves. Marvel shortpacks aren't going anywhere since TRU wants collectors to keep coming back. However, TRU movie waves might have a different ratio (like XM:FC).

I think Chuck doesn't like me anymore. He introduced me to Zack (who used to work for Toyfare). Apparently I didn't get the "talk to Zack and don't bother Chuck" hint. Kidding, kidding. But I do think we will hear more from Zack in the future. He's been with DST for about 2 months, I think.

So I was the only one to say hi to Chuck from the MMMV since he asked where was everyone. I told him about some of the "senior" members thinking about coming here next year for the 10th anniversary of minimates. Chuck apparently forgot it was going to be 10 years soon.

Other tiny tidbits but I'm getting old and forgetful and I need sleep...

Edit:

Zach and Chuck wanted to make clear that all the promos this year are nothing new. They are just packaging variants and the figures are exactly the same at retail.

Edited by storm 1:08

Who's the Blue & Mustard coloured guy to the right of Thor and underneath CrossBones?

Is it a Loki variant? Or perhaps a Warriors Three member?

It's Balder in his more modest costume.

So on the topic of Marvel wave 42 / TRU wave 12, what's the big difference between their BRB and the one from AFX? Metallic colors for wave 42 and primary colors for AFX's exclusive? Hardly worth AFX's FB statement that "their BRB" would differ from wave 42's.

From AFX's FB thread:

We will send out more details later but the Beta Ray Bill is NOT the same Beta Ray Bill coming in the TRU set. Our exclusive set is based on the classic version

Loving the look of CS 42 and TUR 12. I do like how the TRU waves seem to be complimenting the CS wave. This could well be the first time in a while when I have to have everyone in it. Honestly, the only thing I would change would be to make 42/12 pure Thor and 43/13 pure Cap.

Okay, so Thor/Baldar and Crossbones/ Cap variation I've never seen before (any help here guys?) are going to TRU, Rock guy/ Eric Masterson are comic stores? That's a loser for comic stores, IMHO.

Everything looks pretty nice, except maybe that Sentinel :yucky: . Galactus is everything I was hoping he'd be :wub: .