A looooog time ago, I started work on articulating a MAX Galactus statue, fiddling with it on and off over the years but never quite finishing it. Now cleaning out my garage, moving on with life, etc, I realize I’m probably never going to finish it and it’s a dang shame. I hate for this rare statue to go to waste, and think if it were finished it would be a really special piece of someone’s collection.
So, I’m looking for an enterprising customizer interested in picking up the torch and finishing this guy off. Where it’s at:
• It’s separated into all of the component parts of a Minimate body; head, torso, waist, arms, legs, hands, and feet.
• I’ve drilled out and epoxied in ball and socket joints at the neck, shoulders, and hips; these are the ball rods from a Stikfas jumbo figure, roughly in scale, and bored out sockets lined with hot glue and a friction-fit rubber (plas-dip). I’ve tested individual joint stability and it seems to hold pretty well, but I haven’t tried assembling the whole thing to see how it holds its own weight.
• I’ve put in hinge joints in the elbows and knees using metal screwposts. The elbows have full range of motion; the knees are a bit restricted because of the boot cuffs.
• I’ve put in peg joints on the hands and feet, so they work like regular Minimate hands and feet.
So, the engineering is mostly done. What it still needs:
• Depending on how fussy you are, the skirt could probably use some sculpting and finishing work.
• Assemble and test joint integrity, possibly reinforce the resin if needed.
• The whole thing needs to be painted.
As I said, I’d hate for this project to be 75% done and tossed out, but I’m most likely never going to finish. If you’re interested, I’ll send to you at no cost, with only the hope you’ll make something amazing. PM me and I can give you any other information you need.