Some conversation on the End is Nigh thread got me thinking about potential future properties, which I have no idea if they've been discussed on this thread before. These are all properties that I believe fit with DST licensing trends, fit with the minimate design and style, and are all relatively untouched (at least at the moment) in terms of toy licensing. So here we go:
1) Blade Runner & Blade Runner 2049 - A really dynamic and beautiful world of characters to pull from. Perhaps a bit niche, but considering some licenses DST had gone after previously I think this would be a great fit. I could also see the police spinner being a potential vehicle set.
2) Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra - Some would say the time has passed, but in fact, I think it a great time to pursue this license with the Netflix series being produced. Deep character library full of color and variety rivaling that of our comic powerhouses, plus some extremely cool elemental effects and accessories! Maybe even a few creatures? Did someone say minimate-scale Appa? YES PLEASE
3) Mad Max: Fury Road - Some really neat post-apocalyptic costumes, not a deep character library, but certainly could lend itself nicely to several box sets, perhaps even some vehicles??
4) Tron: Legacy - Colorful, bright and streamlined costumes, another good opportunity for a few box sets and perhaps some light cycles. Also optimistic about this one because DST was able to get the the license for the oiriginal 1982 movie through the Kingdom Hearts line.
5) Pacific Rim - Tiny jaegers! Need I say more? But in all seriousness DST already has the license, it seems the biggest thing holding them back would be the excessive amount of sculpting that would be required for all the different jaegers and kaiju.